Call or Email us now
+44 1223 553554
Is my calculator acceptable for use in Cambridge examinations?
Due to the sheer number of different calculator models available worldwide, we cannot give specific details of which models or makes of calculators are permitted in our exams.
Where the use of calculators is allowed in examinations, calculators used must not be able to manipulate algebra; they must be purely numerical integration/differentiation. Calculators with any of the following facilities are prohibited, unless specifically stated otherwise in the syllabus:
- graphic display
- data banks
- dictionaries or language translators
- retrieval or manipulation of text or formulae
- QWERTY keyboards
- built-in symbolic algebraic manipulations
- symbolic differentiation or integration
- capability of remote communication with other machines.
Cambridge will regard the use of any such calculator as malpractice. Students requiring more information should contact the Examinations Officer at their school.