Call or Email us now
+44 1223 553554
The main differences between O Level and IGCSE Mathematics are as follows:
- IGCSE Maths is available with or without Coursework, whereas O Level Maths is only available without Coursework.
- IGCSE has Core and Extended options (grades C-G and A* to E available respectively), O level has grades A to E available.
- O level Maths has a non-calculator paper whereas IGCSE Maths requires a calculator for both papers.
- Examining time: 4.5 hours for O level Maths compared with 3 hours for Core IGCSE Maths and 4 hours for Extended IGCSE Maths.
- There is no question choice for IGCSE Maths; for O level Maths there is limited question choice in Paper 2.
- O level Maths question paper weighting is 50% per paper; IGCSE Maths is 35% for the first paper, 65% for the second.