Call or Email us now
+44 1223 553554
In order for a school to assess certain Cambridge IGCSE subject components at least one teacher of the subject must hold the appropriate accreditation from us. A list of syllabuses and components for which teachers can be accredited can be found in the Cambridge Administrative Guide, part 3.
Teachers can follow one of two routes to accreditation:
1. Teachers can obtain a Coursework/Speaking Test Training Handbook and work through the training material that it contains, returning samples of their marking to us for review. The handbooks are either available to download from our Teacher Support website or to purchase from our Publications Department (schools only need to buy one copy of the handbook as they can be used by any number of teachers although each teacher must send in a separate assessment).
A fee of £28 is payable for each submission of training materials sent to us. This fee includes the services of the subject coursework/speaking test consultant who will examine the marks that the trainees give for the unmarked exemplar coursework, write to discuss marking problems if necessary, and recommend that the teacher may now assess students' coursework for IGCSE. The fee also covers the cost of sending the accreditation outcome by courier. We will invoice the centre for accreditation fees. If further assessments are requested by the subject coursework/speaking test consultant an additional fee of £28 is payable for each.
2. If the teacher feels they have enough qualifications and experience in the subject without working through the training materials they should send details of their experience in relation to marking the relevant component. This includes the following:
• Teaching experience (including examination boards and syllabuses)
• Experience of coursework, moderation and moderation training
• Any further relevant experience.
Teachers should also include their full name, the syllabus and component they want accreditation for, and their centre name and number.
A charge of £28 will be made for the assessment and processing of the CV by a subject specialist. If their experience is not considered sufficient for accreditation we may recommend that the teacher works through the CTH.
Please note that teachers cannot apply by experience for Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives, Food and Nutrition, Enterprise or Travel and Tourism. They must work through the coursework training materials.