Twenty of our IGCSE syllabuses are now accredited by Ofqual and have also been approved by DfE for teaching, pre-16. This means that these syllabuses can be counted towards league table results, and that funding is available for state schools to offer these syllabuses.
In order to avoid potential confusion in the UK with GCSE, Cambridge IGCSEs are listed on The National Database of Accredited Qualifications here as Cambridge International Level 1/Level 2 Certificates.
The twenty syllabuses are:
- Art and Design (0400)
- Biology (0610)
- Business Studies (0450)
- Chemistry (0620)
- Chinese (Mandarin) - Foreign Language (0547)
- English as a Second Language (0511)
- English Literature (0486)
- Enterprise (0454)
- First Language English (0522)
- French - Foreign Language (0520)
- Geography (0460)
- German - Foreign Language (0525)
- Greek (modern) - Foreign Language (0543)
- Hindi as a Second Language (0549)
- History (0470)
- Information and Communication Technology (0417)
Italian - Foreign Language (0535) - Please note that this syllabus is accredited by Ofqual but will not count towards the UK government’s performance tables in 2015 or 2016.
- Mathematics (0580)
- Physics (0625)
- Spanish - Foreign Language (0530)